Wednesday 14 December 2011

Evaluation


The last 10 weeks working on these four briefs have been difficult, in that it has made me organise my time more, though I still need to improve on it more next time. Looking back I can see that I spent much more time on my first brief than needed and I wasn’t decisive enough so it took me longer to get to an end result.
Because of this, I wasn’t ever just focused on my other briefs.

At the beginning of the year, I was able to sit down with Amber and ask her advice on how long I should spend on each brief and when to start. This worked really well, because of my lack of decisiveness on my first brief, this carried on throughout the module.
I think I worked quite well on my second brief, though I think I could have done more research on boutique shops and visited some. But I am pleased with the secret garden theme and the colour scheme of the shop and its products.

For my third brief, I panicked and started it earlier than agreed, and I feel that it has been a very rushed brief which could have had so much more done with it, through its deliverables and research.
I was excited to do this brief at the beginning and in the end it became a chore, and I got very uninterested in it. Looking back, I should have probably changed it to another brief, something new and fresh that I had a bit more interest in.

Even though I overran on my first brief (the fresh health & beauty products) it gave me the chance to look into different kinds of packaging.
After talking to Lorenzo, he encouraged me to look at proposed packaging, rather than wasting time making one packaging and sticking to it. I managed to get a lot more ideas across this way and in a short space of time. This will be very useful in briefs to come.

If I could to this module again, there would be a lot I would change.
I would do much more research and see more that is already out there, for example, see more shops with beauty products and visit boutique shops. This way I would have a better understanding of what is out there, rather than searching it on Google.
I need to make sure I stick to the deadlines I set myself, as I have found not doing this has a great impact on the briefs afterwards.
I really enjoyed working on the collaborative brief, and I think we worked really well together and came out with a really good product.

No comments:

Post a Comment